If you are preparing to put your home on the market, there are five tips I recommend you use to get it sold as quickly as possible.
Looking to buy a home? Search all homes here
Looking to sell your home? Get your home value here
When it comes to selling your home within its first week on the market, it is possible. To achieve this, though, there are five tips you’ll want to utilize:
1. Hire a professional cleaning crew. I’m not talking about merely hiring a maid to dust off some cobwebs. To make sure your home sells quickly, you’ll need to hire a team of people to do a deep clean of your property. You won’t believe the difference things like a grout cleaning can make for your home. One of the professionals you should hire during this process is a carpet cleaner. Doing this instead of replacing your carpet altogether will save you thousands of dollars. Even old carpet can look brand new with some professional care. While you’re at it, you should also hire a window cleaner. This is especially the case if you have tall, grandiose windows. Windows should be free of dust, handprints, and any other smudges.
2. Declutter the home. You’ve already made the decision to move, so why not get a head start on packing? Gather items that are cluttering up your home and store them in the garage or in a spare room that isn’t being showcased in your photos. Statistically speaking, homes that are vacant or give the appearance of being so sell more quickly and for more money.
You won’t believe the difference a deep cleaning can make for your home.
3. Hire a landscaper. To outshine the competition, seek professional help when sprucing up your yard. Raise the canopies of any front-yard trees and mulch your flower beds. You can also make your backyard pop by adding accent colors to your patio furniture.
4. Hire a painter. Of course, you don’t need to repaint your entire house. Focus on neutralizing outdated colors and freshening up white walls with a new coat, especially around the baseboards.
5. Hire an agent who uses professional photography. Smartphone cameras may be good quality, but they aren’t good enough to adequately showcase your home online. When you choose an agent, make sure you select one who utilizes professional photography to market your home.
If you have any other questions or would like more information, feel free to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.