When looking for an agent to help you sell your home, there are a number of different questions you should ask to determine whether they are fit to represent you.
Looking to buy a home? Search all homes here
Looking to sell your home? Get your home value here
Today, I want to give you the top questions that you should ask an agent that you’re interviewing to sell your house. The process can be scary, exciting, or both, but with the right agent, you can confidently move forward toward your goal of selling your home.
Any real estate agent that you want to hire should be a business person, and they should know their numbers.
- “How long have you lived in the area?” You’ll want to make sure they’re an expert on the area.
- “How many transactions have you sold in the last 12 months?” Any real estate agent that you want to hire should be a business person, and they should know their numbers.
- “What is the area’s average days on market?” Additionally, ask for their average days on market. If they pause at any of this, you can trust that they don’t know their numbers as well as you would want them to.
- “What is your sales-price-to-list-price ratio?” This will identify how skilled they were at negotiating for their clients. Every agent should know the answer to this.
- “Do you have a preferred affiliate or vendor list?” When hiring an agent, you’ll want to use their preferred title company, lender, inspector, home warranty rep, and so on. All these people play a huge part in the sale of your house, and they’re going to give exceptional, white-glove service to the clients of that agent, so it’s highly important that they have a preferred list.
- “What’s your marketing plan?” Your agent should have this down pat. Really dive in deep to find out what the marketing plan for your house is going to be to ensure that you’re getting maximum exposure.
- “What kind of support staff do you have in place?” This is huge, because a lot of agents may be single agents or part-time agents. You want someone who is working Monday through Sunday, someone you can call on 24/7, someone with a team who can help you whenever with whatever.
If you’re looking to sell your house and you want to interview me, I’d be happy to take your call, meet with you, and walk you through your options. I look forward to hearing from you.
2 Responses to “Questions to Ask Any Agent Wanting to Work With You”
Small world!!! Tell Mr. Chris Weigand hello for me.
You rocked the house on that vid….awesome job. Miss working the signs for you!