Timing and preparation are two of the most important considerations for home sellers to make. Here’s why.
Let’s get real about timing. We can certainly help you sell your home if you want to put a sign in your yard by next week. However, it does require quite a bit of rush on our end, as well as yours.
To avoid rushing the process and to set you up for success, I typically recommend meeting with an agent at least three months before you’re ready to put that sign in your yard. Here are just a few of the things that you may have to do before listing your home on the market:
- Photography/videography sessions
- Pre-inspections by a licensed inspector
- Talking with a few local lenders to know what your options are for buying a new home
- Finding any and all documents about your property, including a survey, disclosures, and more
- Getting your house ready for photo day by deep cleaning and decluttering
- Landscaping and getting your outdoors ready for drone videography
With all of these things to do, it’s much wiser to give yourself six weeks to get these things done instead of six days. This is why we recommend having at least three months to prepare your home if you want to sell for the highest price possible in the shortest time frame. If you simply don’t have that much time, it’s okay, but it will be a much more stressful and hurried process.
If you have any questions about what it takes to get your home ready for sale or anything else related to real estate, don’t hesitate to give me a call or send me an email today. I look forward to hearing from you soon.